Alvington , Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"ALVINGTON, a parish in the hundred of Bledisloe, in the county of Gloucester, 6 miles to the N.E. of Chepstow. Blakeney is the post town. It is situated on the river Severn. The living is a perpetual curacy united with the rectory of Wollastone, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Alvington was formerly a cell to the abbey of Llantony. Clanna House is the seat of the Hon. W. Noel, lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]