St James, Bristol
"ST. JAMES, a parish in the city of Bristol, hundred of Barton-Regis, county Gloucester. It is chiefly included within the city of Bristol."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from St James, Bristol to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which St James, Bristol has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST588735 (Lat/Lon: 51.458967, -2.594394), St James, Bristol which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)