Hide

BROADWELL, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

Hide
hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BROADWELL, (or Bradle), a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Slaughter, in the county of Gloucester, a mile to the N. of Stow-on-the-Wold. It is situated in a hilly district near the border of Oxfordshire, on the banks of a small stream which falls into the Evenlode, and is intersected by the old Fosse Way. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, of the value with that of Addlestrop united, of £643, in the patronage of Lord Leigh. The church is dedicated to St. Paul. There are charitable endowments which produce £16 a year. Broadwell House is the seat of Lord Leigh."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]