Hide

BROMSBERROW, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"BROMSBERROW, a parish in the hundred of Botloe, in the county of Gloucester, 4 miles to the S.E. of Ledbury, and 11 miles to the N.W. of Gloucester. It lies on the border of Worcestershire, near the river Leden. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, of the value of £339, in the patronage of Earl Beauchamp. The church is dedicated to St. Mary, and contains several monuments and the tombs of the Yateses, who had their seat at Bromsberrow Place. The charitable endowments are worth about £5 a year."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]