"CHILD'S-WICKHAM, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, in the county of Gloucester, 5 miles from the Evesham railway station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line, and 11 from Broadway, its post town. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £246, in the patronage of the representatives of the Rev. J. H. Tucker. The church is a stone structure with a spire. The tithes were commuted in 1763."
"MIRCOTT, a hamlet in the parish of Child's Wickham, lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, county Gloucester, 6 miles N.W. of Chipping-Campden."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Original source material relating to Childs Wickham, and other parishes in Diocese of Worcester may be found at the Worcestershire Record Office.
- The transcription of the section for Childs Wickham from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Childs Wickham to another place.
- The parish of Childs Wickham was transferred from Gloucestershire to Worcestershire in 1931.
[Ref: Handlist of the contents of the Gloucestershire Record Office, 1995, et al.]
You can see the administrative areas in which Childs Wickham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP063392 (Lat/Lon: 52.051382, -1.910248), Childs Wickham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)