"CHILD'S-WICKHAM, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, in the county of Gloucester, 5 miles from the Evesham railway station on the Oxford, Worcester, and Wolverhampton line, and 11 from Broadway, its post town. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £246, in the patronage of the representatives of the Rev. J. H. Tucker. The church is a stone structure with a spire. The tithes were commuted in 1763."
"MIRCOTT, a hamlet in the parish of Child's Wickham, lower division of the hundred of Kiftsgate, county Gloucester, 6 miles N.W. of Chipping-Campden."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Original source material relating to Childs Wickham, and other parishes in Diocese of Worcester may be found at the Worcestershire Record Office.
- The transcription of the section for Childs Wickham from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Childs Wickham to another place.
- The parish of Childs Wickham was transferred from Gloucestershire to Worcestershire in 1931.
You can see the administrative areas in which Childs Wickham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SP063392 (Lat/Lon: 52.051382, -1.910248), Childs Wickham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)