- Original source material relating to Falfield, and other parishes in Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the Gloucestershire Archives.
- "FALFIELD, a chapelry in the parish of Thornbury, lower division of the hundred of Thornbury, county Gloucester, 4 miles N.E. of Thornbury, its post town, and 4 S. of Berkeley. The living is a curacy annexed to the vicarage of Thornbury, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Falfield to another place.
- "Ecclesiastical parish formed from Thornbury, 1863."
(Ref: Guide to the Parish Records of the City of Bristol and the County of Gloucester; I. Gray & E. Ralph, 1963)
You can see the administrative areas in which Falfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference ST683932 (Lat/Lon: 51.636985, -2.458878), Falfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)