Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire
Pigot's Directory of Gloucestershire, 1830
Transcribed from microfiche by Ted Wildy of Auckland, New Zealand © 1993
"FRAMPTON-ON-SEVERN is a small parish about two miles from the river Severn and lies eight miles from Stroud. H.C. Clifford Esq was the Lord of the Manor in 1830. In 1830 the village had about 1,000 inhabitants."
NAMES RANK / OCCUPATION ADDRESSES BAKER Misses Frampton BAKER William Revd. Frampton BARNARD Thomas Maltster Frampton BARNARD Thomas P. Grocer and Draper Frampton BENNET George Stone Mason Frampton CAMBRIDGE Charles Owen Esq. Wheatenhurst House, Frampton CLEGRAM William Canal Engineer Saul Lodge, Frampton CLIFFORD H.C. Esq. Frampton COLBORNE John Revd. Frampton EARLE John Esq. Frampton GARDNER William Revd. Frampton GODFREY James Gent Frampton HADLEY William Wheelwright Frampton HEWLETT Daniel Mason & Statuary Frampton HEWLETT Edward Carpenter Frampton HEWLETT Lydia & John Shopkeeper & Maltster Frampton HEYWOOD William Henry Attorney Frampton HILLS Misses Boarding Academy Frampton KARNS James Shopkeeper & Dealer Frampton KARNS Thomas Inn Keeper The Bell Inn, Frampton LOCKEY Mrs & Misses Frampton MILLER Thomas Esq. Court House Arlingham REYNOLDS John Tailor & Woollen Draper Frampton SAYER John Revd. Arlingham STIFF Nehemiah Baker Frampton THOMAS Mrs. Slow House TOWNSEND Captain The Reddings, Frampton VICK William Baker Frampton WATS Thomas Surgeon Frampton WATTS Robert Surgeon Frampton WHITE Samuel Captain Tretherne Lodge, Frampton
[Transcribed by the late Ted Wildy of Auckland, New Zealand on 22nd October 1993]