Hide

LITTLETON-UPON-SEVERN, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LITTLETON-UPON-SEVERN, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Langley, county Gloucester, 3 miles W. of Thornbury, and 10 N. of Bristol. Almondsbury is its post town. It is situated on the eastern bank of the river Severn. The village is small and wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £52. The church, dedication unknown, is an ancient stone structure with a tower. There is a parochial school. R. C. Lippincott, Esq., is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]