- Original source material relating to Parkend, and other parishes in Diocese of Gloucester may be found at the Gloucestershire Archives.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Parkend to another place.
- "Ecclesiastical parish formed 1842 from extraparochial areas of the Forest of Dean and part of Newland parish."
(Ref: Guide to the Parish Records of the City of Bristol and the County of Gloucester; I. Gray & E. Ralph, 1963)
You can see the administrative areas in which Parkend has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO617080 (Lat/Lon: 51.769433, -2.556381), Parkend which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)