TYTHERINGTON, Gloucestershire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"TYTHERINGTON, a parish in the hundreds of Thornbury and Henbury, county Gloucester, 4 miles W. of Wickwar, its post town, 3 S.E. of Thornbury, and 4½ S.W. of Charfield. It contains the hamlet of Itchington. The village is situated near the Gloucester and Bristol road. The soil is loamy, with a subsoil of limestone. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol, value £300. The church is dedicated to St. James. There is a Sunday-school, supported by the vicar. Mrs. P. Morris and H. Hardwick, Esq., are lady and lord of the manor, and chief landowners."
"ITCHINGTON, a hamlet in the parish of Tytherington, upper division of the hundred of Henbury, county Gloucester, 2 miles S.E. of Thornbury."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]