Hide

Altham

hide
Hide

The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868

"ALTHAM, a chapelry in the parish of Whalley, and in the higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles to the W. of Burnley. It is on the river Henburn, and not far from the Leeds and Liverpool canal. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £150, in the patronage of R. T. R. Walton, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. James. There are some coal mines in the neighbourhood."