The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BALDERSTONE, a chapelry in the parish of Blackburn, lower division of the hundred of Blackburn, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 6 miles to the N.E. of Preston, its post town. It is situated on the river Ribble. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, of the value of £90, in the patronage of the Vicar of Blackburn. The parochial charities amount to £11 per annum."