1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"BARROWFORD COLNE, (or Barrowford Booth), a township in the parish of Whalley, and hundred of Blackburn, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 2 miles to the W. of Colne, its post town. The East Lancashire railway passes through the township, and the Leeds canal near it. Most of the workpeople are employed in the cotton factories. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, of the value of £150, in the patronage of Hulme's Trustees. The Wesleyans have a chapel here.