"BIGGAR, a hamlet in the chapelry of Walney, and parish of Dalton-in-Furness, hundred of Lonsdale, in the county palatine of Lancaster, near Dalton. It lies near the coast of Morecombe Bay."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.