Billinge Higher End
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"BILLINGE HIGHER END, a township in the parish of Wigan, and hundred of West Derby, in the county palatine of Lancaster, close to Billings Chapel-End. Here are some cotton-mills, employing a small number of persons, and some stone-quarries. This township shares with Billings Chapel-End the benefit of charitable endowments producing about £117 per annum. Bispham Hall, in this township, is an ancient residence, belonging to the Holts of Bispham, but now in the occupation of V. H. Brancker, Esq."