The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BILLINGTON LANGHO, a chapelry in the parish and hundred of Blackburn, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 5 miles to the N. of Blackburn. Many of the inhabitants are engaged in cotton weaving. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Blackburn. There is a free endowed school, with an income of £14 per annum, and other charities producing about £24 a year."