The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BLAWITH, a chapelry in the parish of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 7 miles to the N. of Ulverston. It lies near the south end of Coniston Water. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester, of the value of £63, in the patronage of T. R. G. Braddyll, Esq. There is a school with a small endowment, and other charities of trifling value."