The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"CARTMEL-FELL, a chapelry in the parish of Cartmel, hundred of Lonsdale North of the Sands, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 7 miles to the N. of Cartmel. Ulverston is its post town. It is situated on the banks of the small river Winster, which runs southward through the parish to Morecambe Bay. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle, value £103, in the patronage of the Duke of Devonshire. The church is dedicated to St. Anthony. Here is an endowed school with an income of about £30 per annum. There are some other charities of small value."