The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"CHARNOCK RICHARD, a township and chapelry in the parish of Standish, hundred of Leyland, in the county of Lancaster, 1 mile from Euxton, and 2 from Chorley. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, and in the patronage of James Darlington, Esq. The church has recently been erected. There are several collieries. Park Hall, occupied by R. E. Allison, Esq., is a fine building."