The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"DUNNERDALE, a township in the parish of Kirkby Ireleth, hundred of Lonsdale North of the Sands, in the county palatine of Lancaster, 3 miles N. of Broughton. Ulverston is its post town. It is situated on the river Duddon, and is united with the township of Seathwaite, forming one chapelry for ecclesiastical purposes. There is a small stone church at Seathwaite. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle, value £80, in the patronage of J. J. Rawlinson, Esq., of Duddon Hall, who is lord of the manor. There is a parochial school for both sexes."