The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"EUXTON, a chapelry and township in the parish and hundred of Leyland, county Lancaster, 2 miles N.W. of Chorley, its post town. It is situated near the river Yarrow, and is a station on the Preston and Wigan section of the London and North-Western railway. The hamlets of Armetriding, Pincock Bridge, Runshaw, and Spout Hillock, are situated within this township. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £200. The church is an ancient edifice of stone, and contains a Norman font and other antiquities in good preservation. The Roman Catholics and Wesleyans have each a chapel, and there is a National school for both sexes. The parochial charities produce about £40 per annum, £28 of which are for education. The heirs of the late Mr. Longworth are lords of the manor. Euxton Hall is the principal residence."