1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"GOODSHAW, a chapelry in the parish of Whalley, hundred of Blackburn, county palatine of Lancaster, 2 miles N.E. of Haslingden. Rawtenstall is its post town. It includes the township of Higher Booth. The people are employed in the cotton mills, calico-printing, stone quarries, and collieries. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £150. The church is a stone edifice, built in the 16th century. It is dedicated to All Saints. The Baptists, Wesleyan and Primitive Methodists, have places of worship, and there is a National school."