The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"HAMBLETON, a township and chapelry in the parish of Kirkham, hundred of Amounderness, county Lancaster, 3 miles N.E. of Poulton-le-Fylde, and 7½ S.W. of Garstang. It is situated on the northern bank of the navigable river Wyre, which is here 500 yards in breadth, and crossed by a ferry to Poulton, called Shard Ferry. The land is nearly evenly divided between arable and pasture, with a very small portion of woodland. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £102, in the patronage of the Vicar of Kirkham. The church is a small plain structure, built in 1768. There is a National school with a small endowment, also a Sunday-school. Joseph Weld, Esq., is lord of the manor."