The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"HEALEY, a hamlet in the township of Spotland, parish of Rochdale, county Lancaster, 2 miles N.W. of Rochdale. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £160, in the patronage of the crown and bishop alternately. The church is a modern structure in the pointed style, built in 1848 by E. Lamb, Esq. The principal residence is Healey Hall, the ancient seat of the Okedens."