The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"KENYON, a township in the parish of Winwick, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 9 miles N. of Warrington, and 2 S.E. of Newton-in-Mackerfield. It is a station on the Manchester and Liverpool railway, which here effects a junction with the Bolton and Leigh and the Kenyon and Leigh lines. The inhabitants are chiefly employed in the manufacture of bricks. It gives the title of baron to Lord Kenyon, of Peel Hall."