The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"LINDALE, a chapelry and post-office village in the parish of Cartmel, county Lancaster, 3 miles from Ulverston, and 4 N.E. of Cartmel. It is a station on the Furness, Ulverston, and Lancaster railway. It is situated on the river Kent. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle, value 280. The church has been rebuilt, and contains 115 free sittings. There is a National school for boys."