1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"LOSTOCK, a township in the parish of Bolton-le-Moors, hundred of Salford, county palatine of Lancaster, 4 miles W. of Bolton. It is a station on the West Lancashire and Yorkshire line of railway. Mining operations are extensively carried on. Here are the remains of Lostock Hall, a wooden edifice of the 16th century, supposed to have been the residence of the Andertons; over the highest oriel window are the royal arms, with the date 1590."