1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"LOWICK, a chapelry in the parish of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale North of the Sands, county palatine of Lancaster, 4½ miles N.W. of Ulverston, its post town. It is situated on the banks of the river Crake, which is here crossed by a bridge. From the heights behind the village is a view of Conistone with its varied scenery. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Carlisle, value £75. The chapel is a small slated edifice. There is a parochial school with teacher's residence. The charities amount to about £6 per annum."