"NEWLANDS, a hamlet in the parish of Ulverston, hundred of Lonsdale North of the Sands, county Lancaster, 16 miles N.W. of Lancaster. It is situated near the river Leven's mouth, on Morecambe Bay."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.