Poulton with Fearnhead
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"POULTON-WITH-FEARNHEAD, (or Padgate), a township in the parish of Warrington, hundred of West Derby, county Lancaster, 2½ miles N.E. of Warrington, its railway station and post town. The village, which is small, is situated on the old road from Warrington to Bolton, and is chiefly agricultural. The soil is in parts alluvial on sand, and in others clayey. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Chester, value £120. The church, dedicated to Christ, is new, containing one bell. There is a National school for both sexes, which has an endowment. The Wesleyans, Primitive Methodists, and Roman Catholics have each a place of worship. There is a Sunday-school."