1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"QUERNMORE, a township and chapelry in the parish of Lancaster, hundred of Lonsdale South of the Sands, county Lancaster, 3 miles S.E. of Lancaster, its post town. It was formerly a forest, and a great portion is still occupied by fells and moorland. The inhabitants are chiefly engaged in agriculture. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £137, in the patronage of the Vicar of Lancaster. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, has a tower containing one bell. There is an endowed National school for both sexes, also a free school. The principal residence is Quernmoor Park. The manor is held by the crown."