The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"RINGLEY, a chapelry in the parish of Prestwich, hundred of Salford, county Lancaster, 7 miles N.W. of Manchester, on the East Lancashire railway. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester, value £250, in the patronage of the Rectors of Prestwich, Bury, and Middleton. The church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. There is a school founded by Nathan Walworth in 1640, with an endowment of about £60 per annum."