"STEDE, a chapelry in the parish of Ribchester, county Lancaster, 6 miles N.W. of Blackburn. It is situated in the valley of the Ribble, and has the ruins of a disused Norman chapel."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.