"THE OAKS, a railway station on the western section of the Lancashire and Yorkshire line. It is the first station after leaving Bolton."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2018
This page is copyright. Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use or as given in the conditions of use.