1870-2 John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - Lancashire
BAMBER BRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire The village stands adjacent to the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles SE by S of Preston; and has a post office under Preston,
ELLENBROOK, a chapelry, with a r. station, in Eccles parish, Lancashire; on the Manchester and Wigan railway, 2½ miles E of Tyldesley. The living is a p. curacy. Value, £137.
FENISCOWLES, a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; near Blackburn. It was constituted in 1842; and its post town is Blackburn. Rated property, £9,833. Pop., 3,501. Houses, 640.
LEES, or HEY, a chapelry in Ashton-under-Lyne and Rochdale parishes, Lancashire; contiguous to Yorkshire, and containing the village of Hey, ¼ of a mile N of Lees village, near Lees r.
LITTLEBOROUGH, a village and a chapelry in Rochdale parish, Lancashire.
RAMPSIDE, a village and a chapelry in Dalton-in-Furness parish, Lancashire. The village stands on the coast, 1 mile N N E of Peel r.
RINGLEY, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; on the river Irwell, and on the Manchester and Bury and Manchester and Bolton railway s, 6¼ miles N W of Manchester.