John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
BAMBER BRIDGE, a village and a chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire The village stands adjacent to the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles SE by S of Preston; and has a post office under Preston, and a r. station. The chapelry was constituted in 1832. Rated property, £6,231. Pop., 2,182. Houses, 408. There are two large cotton factories. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £150.* Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church was built in 1836. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.