John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
BILLINGTON-LANGHO, a township-chapelry in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; on the Blackburn and Clitheroe railway, 5½ miles NNE of Blackburn. It has a station, of the name of Langho, on the railway; and its Post Town is Whalley, under Blackburn. Acres, 2,960. Real property, £4,719. Pop., 1,038. Houses, 205. The inhabitants are chiefly cotton-weavers. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £120. Patron, the Vicar of Blackburn. The church is ancient. There are a Roman Catholic chapel, a national school, and charities £38.