Lindale in Cartmel
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
LINDALE, a chapelry, with a hamlet, in Upper Allithwaite township, Cartmel parish, Lancashire; on the W side of the estuary of the Kent, adjacent to the Ulverston and Lancaster railway, 3 miles ENE of Cartmel. It has a station on the railway, and a post office under Newton-in-Cartmel. The acreage and pop. are returned with the township. Castle-Head, the seat of E. Mucklow, Esq., is the chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £71. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church was rebuilt in 1828; consists of nave and chancel, with a small tower; and contains 300 sittings. There is a national school.