John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales - 1870-2
RINGLEY, a chapelry in Prestwich parish, Lancashire; on the river Irwell, and on the Manchester and Bury and Manchester and Bolton railway s, 6¼ miles N W of Manchester. It has a station, of the name of Ringley-Road, on the M. and Bury railway; and its post town is Bolton. Pop., 800. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £250.* Patron, the Rector of Prestwich. The church was built in 1851.