1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"ABBOT'S ANN, a parish and village partly in the hundred of Wherwell, partly in that of Lower Andover, union of Andover, in the county of Hants, 2½ miles to the S.W. of Andover. It lies on a branch of the river Test, and the Andover canal passes near it. The tything of Little Ann is included in it. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester; value £645, in the patronage of Miss Burrough. The church is dedicated to St. Mary. Here are national and infant schools, and a place of worship for Independents. The Rev. Thos. Best is lord of the manor. Bury Hill, in the tything of Little Ann, is a large double encampment, at the confluence of the Pillhill brook and the Anton river."
"LITTLE ANN, a tything in the parish of Abbot's Ann, in the hundreds of Andover and Wherwell, in the county of Southampton, 2 miles to the S.W. of Andover. The Andover canal passes near it."