St Michael & St George (Garrison), Aldershot
St Michael & St George (Garrison),
It was originally built as an Anglican Church dedicated to St George. It became surplus to requirements around 1980 and was taken over by the Roman Catholics, when St Michael was added to the dedication. (The Catholics previously had a wooden church near the Cambridge Military Hospital, which burnt down).
As an Anglican church it had a foundation stone laid by Queen Victoria. This is possibly unique among Roman Catholic churches.
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)