National Gazetteer (1868) - Ashmansworth
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"ASHMANSWORTH, a parish in the hundred of Lower Evingar, Kingsclere division of the county of Southampton, 7 miles to the W. of Kingsclere. Newbury is its post town. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Winchester, annexed to the rectory of East Woodhay. The church is dedicated to St. James."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]