National Gazetteer (1868) - Bedhampton
The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868
"BEDHAMPTON, a parish in the hundred of Portsdown, southern division of the county of Southampton, 1 mile to the W. of Havant, of which town it maybe considered a suburb. It is pleasantly situated between the Portsdown hills and Langstone harbour, and commands a good sea view. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, of the value of £328, in the patronage of the Rev. St. John Alder. The church is an ancient structure, with a small pointed steeple. The register dates from 1588. Near the village on the north side is Bedhampton Park. There are some mineral springs in the neighbourhood."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]