National Gazetteer (1868) - Bramdean
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"BRAMDEAN, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Meon-Stoke, in the county of Southampton, 3 miles to the S.E. of New Alresford, its post town, and 9 E. from Winchester. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, of the value of £201, in the patronage of the lord chancellor. The church, dedicated to SS. Simon and Jude, is a small ancient structure, with a small spire and pointed roof. The south transept has been recently added. A Roman pavement, of great extent and in good preservation, has been discovered at this place, on the estate of Colonel Greenwood."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]