"CHILTON CANDOVER, a parish in the hundred of Mainsborough, Winchester division of the county of Southampton, 1 mile to the E. of Brown Candover, and 12 N. of Winchester. The living is a rectory* annexed to that of Brown Candover, in the diocese of Winchester. The church, dedicated to St. Nicholas, is a small ancient structure, recently repaired. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Chilton Candover to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Chilton Candover has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
- The entry for Chilton Candover from British History Online.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU597411 (Lat/Lon: 51.166473, -1.148114), Chilton Candover which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)