National Gazetteer (1868) - Clanfield
1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland
"CLANFIELD, a parish in the hundred of Finch Dean (upper half), in the Petersfield division of the county of Hants, 7½ miles from the Havant station of the London and Brighton railway, 2½ miles N. of Horn Dean, and 5 from Petersfield, its post town. The living is a rectory annexed to the rectory* of Chelton, in the diocese of Winchester, in the patronage of King's College, Cambridge. The church, dedicated to St. James, is an ancient edifice. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. The lord of the manor is Sir S. C. Jervoise, Bart."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]