"COLEMORE, (or Colmer), a parish in the hundred of East Meon (upper half), in the county of Hants, 5 miles NW. of Petersfield, and 6 S. of Alton, its post town. It is pleasantly situated near Wolmere Forest, and possesses some beautiful scenery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Winchester, value with the curacy of Pryors Dean annexed, £550, in the patronage of Mrs. Hervey. The church is a small building, with tower. Here is a National school. Sir James Tichbourne holds the greater part of the land, which is principally arable. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]