"EAST WORLDHAM, a parish in the hundred of Alton, county Hants, 9 miles S.W. of Farnham, and 2; S.E. of Alton. About two-thirds of the land are arable, and the remainder pasture and hop plantations, with about 90 acres of woodland. The surface is undulating, and the soil loamy upon the malm rock, except where a strong cold clay. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Winchester, value £145, in the patronage of Magdalen College, Oxford. There is a parochial school for boys and girls. Lord Sherborne is lord of the manor. "
[From The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from East Worldham to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which East Worldham has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SU750380 (Lat/Lon: 51.136357, -0.929203), East Worldham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)