"FACCOMBE, a parish in the lower division of the hundred of Pastrow, county Hants, 8 miles N.E. of Andover, and 9 S.W. of Newbury. Hungerford is its post town. It is situated on the Wandsdyke, and includes the hamlet of Netherton. The surface is hilly, with large boulders of stone, lying above the clay, in the uplands. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Winchester, value with the curacy of Tangley annexed, £695. The church is an ancient structure, dedicated to St. Michael, and contains monuments of the Lucie and Dymoke families. The Wesleyans have a chapel, and there is a National school. W. H. Heath, Esq., is lord of the manor."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) - Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]